The Silver Unicorn is a bookstore like any other, a haven where thousands of stories that bring wonderful lessons can be found. It’s located in the heart of West Acton Village, a hidden gem that serves readers of all ages, interests, and all heights!
It is owned and founded by Paul Swydan, a father, entrepreneur, and a former sportswriter and has written for The Boston Globe, ESPN the Magazine, Pitchfork, and Baseball Prospectus.
Opening a new bookstore in this era of Kindle, ebooks, and where everything is published digitally is a leap of faith. And for Paul Swydan, that leap of faith was worth the risk!
Join us in this episode as Paul talks about how he started the Silver Unicorn and how he overcame the challenges of opening up a bookstore. See how he manages to stay in the game while having many roles (father, husband, business owner) and still being an active community member. Moreover, he talks about how the bookstore is creating a community by connecting people that share the same interest – reading books! Have you visited a bookstore lately? If you haven’t, we recommend you to drop by The Silver Unicorn, they’re open 7 days a week and be sure to attend their Saturday storytime with an author at 11 AM.
- How Silver Unicorn Bookstore started and how it’s helping to improve the quality of life for the local community
- Community and book reading events with local authors
- Selling books and communities
- Paul’s vision for Silver Unicorn Bookstore
- Paul’s way to love your life, stay upbeat, and be in the game
- Reminding yourself of whatever it is that is truly important in your life
Where to reach Paul Swydan:
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The New York Times – Summer Reading Recommendations, From 6 Novelists Who Own Bookstores
- WCVB’s Chronicle
Want to hear more about how you can live a life you love?
We would like to invite you to subscribe to the podcast on your preferred podcast platforms to get updated on the latest episodes. Please don’t forget to share it with a friend so you can help them live a life they love too!
Let us know what part you love the most by leaving a review and remember that life is a precious gift!
© Community Chiropractic of Acton | 282 Central St Acton, MA